Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TO HONOR THE RULES OR NOT, THAT IS THE QUESTION

Almost 2 years ago my son posted on his blog about people whining about rules, basicly it was about young people at his College, that did not like the requirements they were supposed to follow as far as things they were to do outside of the college(or something to that effect).
I would like to expand on that. A few weeks ago, there was news article about a young man who attended a Christian High School, who was suspend, because he attended his girlsfriends High School Prom. He & his parents are fighting it.
Now on the surface it sounds as if they have a good case, after all, what a student does on there own time is there business. However, the kicker, is he & his parents signed a contract which stated that he would not attend secular dances. Now I am not going to debate whether the rule is right or wrong, my only concern is what are we teaching are kids, if we tell them, if you sign a contract then you don't like it you can change it.
My first thought is if you don't like the rules, the parents shouldn't send their son to that school. However if they liked everything, but that I could see them working to get it change BEFORE it becomes a problem, and if they can't change it then go somewhere else.

2 comments:

  1. "Now I gotta cut loose, footloose. Kick off your Sunday shoes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I thought you were going to post on a daily basis Mr. Buddy? GWB

    ReplyDelete